Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Dhamma Good

I'm back. Got back to the city on Sunday afternoon. The Vipassana experience was fantastic. I realized that my previous experience with the meditation technique was very much an intellectually dominated one. During the ten days I faced myself in a way I never have, I let go in a way that I can't even begin to explain, I experienced knowledge from an entirely new perspective. This experience has given me a healthy detachment from suffering that is allowing a holistic personal healing process to proceed at unprecedented rates. If I weren't so balanced I'd be ecstatic!

My newfound connectedness was quickly tested. Upon my return two phone messages awaited me; one with the promise of a very exciting job in New Brunswick and the other with the news that my maternal grandmother had passed away. My grandmother had been through a significant decline in mental and physical health and this news was not quite as jarring as it might seem, perhaps positive closure even. I had a phone interview for the job today and I think it went well.

All in all I have to say that this is a significant moment in my life. I feel a clairity that I have seen only but glimpses of over the past many years, my sister is in the process of giving birth, and it is the new moon of a new rooster year. Seems to be some sort of convergence happening. If you have a moment try and see if you can feel it too.

No comments: