Monday, November 17, 2003

More K's for Vinyl

I was doing some software installation yesterday that required several boot cycles so I decided to listen to the turntable. It only gets disabled briefly until the sound card drivers are loaded or something early on in the boot sequence. I listened to some good Beatles (White Album, Abbey Road, Sgt. Peppers), some Joni Mitchel, Herb Alpert, Gordon Lightfoot, and the Easy Rider Soundtrack. With the stereo phono preamp I bought they sound fantastic. I bought a bunch of blank CD's a while back that look like little records. I was going to burn all sorts of Vinyl for everyone but the project never really took off. I burned MJ's Thriller and Hey Jude I believe and then that was it. I didn't like the idea of burning one track for each side of the LP so I had to use some wave file editing software to cut and save each track individually. It was a bit of a pain in the ass. Maybe I will try to find some better wave software, and some more K's for my system (or more likely M's or G's).

No comments: