Saturday, December 27, 2003

Cryptic Year in Review

I learned I am capable of justifying anything I do, no matter how horrendous it is.
I learned I have caused much pain to myself and to others.
I learned I often live excessively in the moment.
I learned I often live excessively outside of the moment.
I learned I am my own worst enemy.
I learned I am my own best friend.
I learned love is not a conscious decision.
I learned I cannot bend another's will.
I learned there is good in everyone.
I learned there is evil in everyone.
I learned there are many branches of human endeavor dedicated to telling us these things.
I learned there are many beliefs in my head that are not based on a solid foundation.
I learned the desire to believe something can overwhelm the requirement for rational justification.
I learned sometimes I care too much about myself.
I learned sometimes I care too little about myself.
I learned we all believe in the same thing but just don't realize it.
I learned there is more to me than me.
I learned pretending something doesn't hurt does not prevent it from hurting.
I learned I call stupid that which I do not understand.
I learned history repeats itself.
I learned I already knew all of this.
I unlearned it all.
I'm trying to remember.

No comments: