Monday, December 29, 2003

Negative Feedback

Ever since ZATAOMM I have been reminded of this concept that has been rattling around in my brain all year. It involves feedback control systems. I wanted to draw a picture but then I realized that it has yet to materialize. I will just remind myself here that I am in the feedback path. Why do I want to draw this picture? Maybe to show that the system has an inherent flaw due to the possibility of recursive overload during self analysis. I'm looking for a proof that will tell me that I should stop looking for a proof. What proof am I talking about? I'll let the little guy from Shawinigan answer that one:

"I don't know, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof is a proof? A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's proven."

(PM Jean Chretien, when asked what kind of proof he would need of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq before deciding to send Canadians -September 5th on CTV news)

No comments: