Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Fight or Flight or ...

I have to get out of here. When I try to add truth and honesty to a situation and all I am answered back with is anger and conflict it makes me just want to give up. When I express my feelings about something significant that bothers me and receive petty criticism back in return I realize that I can't make someone see themselves from another perspective. If they see all things bad as external to themselves then all I will get from constructive criticism is eye for an eye type responses. They see my criticism as a comparison of them to me, not to an ideal. If they operate off of the postulate that they are always right then debate with them about anything is pointless. They do not seek absolute truth they seek their truth. The quote in the paper this morning said something along the lines of "I must create my own system or be a slave to the system of another." I'd rather put an end to this cycle of system creation and get everyone to realize that there is only one system. Dig it?

"Bring the boys back home
Bring the boys back home
Don't leave the children on their own, no, no
Bring the boys back home

" 'Wrong, do it again!
But it's a man answering, but he keeps hanging up.
(Knock, knock, knock) Time to go!
Are you felling Okay?'

"Is there anybody out there?" -- Bring the Boys Back Home, Pink Floyd

No comments: